Bristol-born, James established Guyan & Associates in August 2007. Disillusioned with the ‘bums-on-seats’ national agencies - the bigger they got, the more he rebelled – he was inspired to create a company that practised what it preached: solid principles, a strong brand and great relationships with clients and candidates.
An M&E Contracting Specialist, James has 16 years experience and prefers to work autonomously, with a small amount of niche clients, to ensure maximum focus. He covers the whole of the UK with a network spanning from Land’s End to John o’ Groats.
Prior to flying solo, James spent seven years working for the largest national agencies in the Mechanical and Electrical Building Service sector. His success included building the top performing team on a national basis, using the principles he applies to Guyan & Associates. He also once lived in the French Alps for six years, running his a Ski-hire company and cut his teeth in the working world as a stone mason’s trade apprentice for Bristol Marble.
James is happiest in his running shoes. With three marathons under his belt last year, and a 75km ultra marathon in March 2016; a Spartan obstacle race, and the formidable Tough Mudder. Not a fan of crowds, you can often find him trail running around the local hills of La Serrania de Ronda. His wish-list includes one of toughest, and scenic, marathon races in the world: the Inca Trail Marathon at Machu Picchu – which includes a climb of over 10,400 feet and also hope to complete the Great Wall of China marathon 2017.
James’ two girls are the motivation behind his active life - he strives to keep in optimum health, both to set them an example and be around for them for as long as possible.
Where: James looks after roles in the East Anglia, the south west and south as far as London.
We have an exciting and progressive opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer to support the continued growth of this prestigious, London-based, national contractor.
Job title: Electrical Engineer
Duties & Responsibilities: As the Electrical Engineer your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Working as part of the M&E delivery team you will be responsible for all aspects of electrical Building Services installation
• Procurement of materials and labour for Electrical Building Services
• Liaising with architect, Electrical Design Consultant, main contractor and the client
• Co-ordination of utilities companies to enable site set-up
• Electrical Design co-ordinating/review of drawings
• Management of M&E site managers/supervisors
• Health and Safety management
• Overseeing the installation of all associated electrical services
• Attending and chairing electrical project progress meetings
• Dealing with any client issues
Qualifications & Skills required:
• Qualified with ONC/HNC or higher in Electrical Engineering, Project Management or Building Services is ideal
• Working knowledge of M&E Building services projects with an M&E Contractor valued between £5-£10m
• Eligible to live and work in the UK with a valid drivers license.
Guyan & Associates are a recruitment business, to find out more about this role and the company we're recruiting for call 0800 2289494 or request a call back here.
Client: This prestigious M&E Contractor specialises in the design, installation and maintenance of Mechanical and Electrical Building Services projects
Turnover: £3bn (group revenue)
Location Coverage: UK-wide
No Staff: 2000 (project personnel)
Typical Roles and disciplines: Mechanical and Electrical Design, Estimating, Project Management, Engineering, Quantity Surveying and Administration
Sectors: Built Environment, Infrastructure & Industrial, Data Centres
M&E Services installed: Fully designed FoH lighting. Intelligent Building Management System (BMS) Data centre specific total M & E, CCTV, data and BMS systems, controls and automation (MEICA)
Years of establishment: 200 years +
Awards won: Carbon Reduction Award, shortlisted for President ICE Award at the British Construction Industry Awards, numerous BREEAM excellent ratings, Green Apple Environment Award, NLA Award, South Wales Construction Excellence project of the year
Alongside a generous basic salary you will be rewarded with the following:
25 days holidays
Car or car allowance
Support for work-life balance
Private Health Care
Long-term sickness insurance
Support & funding of career development and further education