Charlie has been working in partnership with Guyan & Associates since August 2012. A born and bred Brummie, Charlie is a specialist Mechanical & Electrical Building Services recruiter, for both permanent and freelance roles. Based in the Birmingham, his clients span the Midlands, whilst some have a national remit.
After leaving university, Charlie moved straight into M&E recruitment and has a solid 15 years experience under his belt. Prior to joining forces with Guyan & Associates, he worked for one of the biggest national agencies, where he successfully built up the M&E area from scratch.
A self-confessed foodie, when he's not cooking up a storm in the kitchen, Charlie enjoys sampling his local Michelin-starred restaurants. A love of travel has taken him throughout Australia and South East Asia, but it is train travel that really appeals and the Trans Siberian railway, from Moscow to Beijing, is top of his list.
Where: Charlie looks after roles in the midlands – west and east – up to Nottingham, down to Oxford, Northants and Worcester.
Successful and forward thinking major M&E Contractor looking to strengthen their Birmingham business with the appointment of a career minded Electrical Project Manager for a £5m scheme in the West Midlands.
Job title: Electrical Project Manager for M&E Installation Contractor.
Duties & responsibilities: As the Electrical Project Manager your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Review of the estimate / tender for the Electrical project elements, in conjunction with the M&E project team, to fully determine and understand the conditions, requirements, deliverables, risks and liabilities of the works, as defined and awarded by the client.
• Assessment and organisation of the electrical resources required to execute the project in a safe, efficient and profitable manner.
• Communication to project team members of all information, including: project contractual conditions, specifications, drawings and working instructions for the execution of the project.
• Ensure the safe and efficient execution of electrical project installations and procedures, both on and off site.
• Supervision and motivation of electrical project team members, including training and development, throughout the project.
• Establish a productive working relationship with the client, on all electrical installation responsibilities, concerning design and co-ordination activities and develop contract/project opportunities.
• Ensure the efficient production of electrical project engineering through to installation, in accordance with project conditions and requirements, taking account of the CDM and other project quality and programme requirements.
• Ensure the efficient operation of project procurement, electrical material control and costing policies and procedures. You will also aid and assist in producing accurate and current project procurement schedules, and cost reports for senior project management.
Qualifications & skills required:
• Qualified with ONC/HNC or higher in Electrical Engineering, Project Management or Building Services
• Working knowledge of Electrical Building services projects with an M&E Contractor valued between
• Eligible to live and work in the UK with a valid driving licence.
Guyan & Associates are a recruitment business, to find out more about this role and the company we're recruiting for call 0800 2289494 or request a call back here.
Client: This privately-owned M&E Contractor has established themselves as one of the largest, independent contractors, specialising in the design, installation and maintenance of Mechanical and Electrical Building Services projects, with values of up to £12m
Location Coverage: UK-wide
Typical Roles and disciplines: Mechanical and Electrical Design, Estimating, Project Management, Engineering, Quantity Surveying and Administration
Sectors: Commercial, Education, FM and Planned Maintenance, Healthcare, Hotels, Transport Infrastructure, Residential, Industrial, Pharmaceutical and Research, Refurb and fit-out
M&E Services installed: HVAC, CCTV, BREEAM & Code assessments, Fire Detection & Protection, LV, MV, Electrical distribution and Hot and Cold Water supplies
Years of establishment: 65 years +
Awards won: RoSPA President’s Award 2013 – 2015; RoSPA Gold Awards 2008 – 2012; Supply Chain of the Year Award from Willmott Dixon; BS EN ISO 9001-2000; BSI ISO 14001: 2004
Alongside a generous basic salary you will be rewarded with the following:
25 days holidays
Car or car allowance
Support for work-life balance
Private Health Care
Long-term sickness insurance
Support & funding of career development and further education