Our client is a Market leading, international fit out contractor, specialising in bespoke construction and engineering services on a world-wide basis. Our client operates through diverse sectors, priding themselves on exceptional levels of service at the forefront of innovation.
Highlights & Overview:
Are you looking for an exciting new 5 month Document Control contract based in Bristol?
Duties & Responsibilities:
• As a Document Controller you will be responsible for managing an electronic filing structure of drawings for multiple projects at any given time.
• The role will include Sending out drawings to sub-contract CAD resource to get worked on, manage all of the communication between our client and the sub-contractor.
• The files must be kept updated accordingly, archive previous versions and keep the project drawing register up to date.
• You will be working closely with the Mechanical & Electrical Design team to ensure that drawings are kept structured.
• Manage the ordering and use of sub-contractors to action drawing updates as per the client’s internal team requests.
• Working closely with Operations to ensure O+M Manuals are coordinated accurately and are issued on time to their client.
You will be working in a vibrant and rewarding contracting environment where schedules and deadlines are important. The role will see your level of responsibility expand with your desire to create, refine and enforce new operating procedures. You will benefit from the support of a senior management team who has a clear vision and ambition to continually expand the business.
Technical experience & Qualifications required:
• Your previous experience with organising and keeping track of important documents electronic will be valuable.
• Awareness of current regulations in relation to document coding/electronic filing descriptions.
• You will be self-motivated with the ability to work well under pressure in a time sensitive environment in order to meet client deadlines.
• Previous experience of working for a Contracting, Building services or Construction consultancy company is necessary.
• Proficient in BIW and the following packages - Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
• A working knowledge in the use of CAD would be useful but is not essential.
• A keen eye for detail and planning skills is also favourable.