Management of sales and project drawings
As Document Controller you will be responsible for managing an electronic filing structure of drawings for multiple projects at any given time. The role will include Sending out drawings to sub-contract CAD resource to get worked on, manage all of the communication between our client and the sub-contractor. The files must be kept updated accordingly, archive previous versions and keep the project drawing register up to date.
The drawing process starts from an initial sales enquiry when we receive drawings from our client and goes through the design process, proposed drawings, Construction drawings and as built drawings.
Management of project Operation and Maintenance Manuals
For any project that is taken on, an O+M Manual will be required, this will involve pro-active management and communication with our Project manager to ensure the document is collated accurately and in a timely manner. Aside from the actual coordination there is a basic requirement for documents to be typed up based on team instructions.
You will be working in a vibrant and demanding contracting environment where there is pressure and short/tight deadlines to work with. The role will see your level of responsibility expand with your desire to create, refine and enforce new operating procedures. You will be supported by a senior management team who have a clear vision and ambition to expand the business further. After review and progress meetings you would assist with producing technical submittals with obtaining client approval for a particular product.
KPI’s (2 or 3) would be in place to measure performance which would have a bonus scheme attached to it to provide incentive and reward resulted from a hardworking, reliable, quick and accurate employee.
· Will be working closely with the Sales and Operations team to ensure that drawings are kept structured
· Manage the ordering and use of sub-contractors to action drawing updates as per the clients internal team requests
· Working closely with Operations to ensure O+M Manuals are coordinated accurately and are issued on time to their client
Technical Skills and Qualification
· Have previous experience with organizing and keeping track of important documents electronic filing.
· Awareness of current regulations in relation to document coding/electronic filing descriptions.
· You will be self-motivated with the ability to work well under pressure in a time sensitive environment in order to meet tight deadlines
· Previous experience of working for a Contracting, Building services or Construction company is required
· Be able to manage change and initiate improvements
· Proficient in the following packages: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoin
Basic ability in the use of CAD would be beneficial but is not essential
Planning and Organising
· Excellent organisation skills
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Understanding of the need to follow set procedures and processed, information and requirements
· Good prioritisation skills and be flexible enough to adapt plans
· Good evaluation skills